Monday, May 17, 2010

Almost there!


Yesterday was a adventure for me! I had the opportunity to go to a friends church and speak about my upcoming trip to Africa. Then they blessed me with a donation towards my trip. I was very humbled. I wish I could tell you what I said, but I dont remember:) I was a little nervous. It was fun to see who all went to the church. I work out at Curves and have met a lot of people, but I dont know a whole lot about them. I recognized a few people. So I only have $1221.00 to go to completely fund my trip. I cant believe how God has blessed me and it just trickles in slowly but its coming together.
Last night we met as a family at Grandpa B's to annoint him. His cancer has returned and he starts treatment today. Please pray for him and for healing if that is Gods will. Pray for Grandma also as she walks beside him in this. She has done this a few times since 2008 and I can only imagine what she is feeling.
No news on the adoption front:) Hopefully soon. I have to get all my shots for my trip so that may start this week. Yippee!
Praying your week is filled with a close walk with Jesus and that you make time for the things that matter-like Grandparents who may not be around forever.
May you be blessed-A

1 comment:

  1. I hear you did a great job!!! Good luck with everything....Can not wait to hear about it!

    Monica

    ReplyDelete