Friday, February 26, 2010

Africa-Here we come!


Okay...its totally official! I am going to Africa in July! I am beyond excited and Lord willing-my mom will be joining me. We will be going to love on a whole lot of children, help out some orphanages and do something that I had planned to do when we went to get the kids. We will be spending a day at the Fistula hospital just ministering to the women. Go to http://www.fistulafoundation.org/ for more info. Its just awful what some of these women live with. I think one reason this just grabs my heart is that I would be one of these women if I lived in Africa.
So in preparation for this...here are some ways you can pray.
#1. Pray that our hearts would be prepared to do Gods work.
#2. Pray for the hearts of the Africans we will be ministering to.
#3. Pray for Brett and Mia. Pray that they would be great while mom is gone:)
#4. Pray that God will provide the funds for the mission trip.
I will keep you updated on this time gets closer. We are going with Visiting Orphans. You can check out there site at http://www.visitingorphans.org/ . There are a few spots left if you want to join us also!
Well on the adoption front..GOD IS SO GOOD!!! We actually are going to get a tax credit for Mia's adoption and this will allow us to send off the dossier! I cant tell you how thankful I am for this tax credit and I pray that Obama will see how much it helps the adoptive community. But I also know that My God owns the cattle on a thousand hills and $30,000 is nothing to Him and He will continue to provide just like He always has. Thank you for all your prayers and support during this process. May you be blessed-A

2 comments:

  1. Ah! Just saw your post and realized I forgot to call you back! Certification in Indy is free, by the way :)

    Anyway, excited for your upcoming trip. What a great opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be on the same trip! I look forward to getting to know you. :D

    ReplyDelete