Friday, December 11, 2009

The trial of our faith


I decided since we are adopting again and we have no extra monetary means....I was going to read about the life of George Mueller. This is one the hardest parts of adoption for me. Iam a person who likes to be ready in advance at all times. Possibly a control freak..:) I am trying to let this go and God has really been working on me since we have started our family...like the other night. Mia was suppose to be getting her coat on so we could take supper to Brett in the field. She came around the corner with this funny look on her face. Then she said "poop mommy"! And she had poo all over her hands, her shirt, her sweater, and had smeared it all over the window seal and a few other areas!!!! She got her hands smacked and a stern lecture about where her hands did not belong!
But I love her to pieces! She has blessed our life beyond what we could have ever thought and we are learning to die to self so that we can raise her up to love Jesus with all her heart.
So back to George...I really have always liked these stories of the incredible faith of this simple man and feel like I can learn from him and his walk. Since we hope to add two little people and become a family of 5....just writing the words freaks me out......I am going to need all the direction to walking with his kind of faith as possible. That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire,might be found unto praise and honor and glory at the appearing of Christ Jesus-1peter 1:7 Our Pastor preached an amazing message last week and I felt like God was telling me that I had prayed in faith, and that He was going to bless us but that I had to quit being anxious and let Him do his thing. So with every bit of the faith that I have-Iam trying to do just that.
Now for some closing remarks...Our friends from Ohio leave tomorrow to go to Ethiopia. They are leaving there daughter who is 17 months old behind, and going to pick up their new son. Please Pray for them. Pray that their daughter will be fine and they will be at peace leaving her in the states. Pray that they will be safe and their health will be protected. Pray that their hearts will be bonded at meeting with their little baby. Pray that they are able to enjoy this trip to the fullest and that God binds this family together. And thank you for praying for them-they are dear to our hearts and we love them greatly. I hope that you are able to be enjoying this Christmas season to the fullest and that Christ is the center of it all! May you be blessed-A

No comments:

Post a Comment