Thursday, November 19, 2009

Gratitude

So its that time of year again. You know the one filled with yummy food and the abundance of gifts and such. Well yesterday I was doing some of my Christmas shopping and I was just amazed at how many people are already out doing the same thing. So I just have had a few thoughts swirling in my head and now you get to read them:) First is the whole concept of Gratitude, which is a state of being grateful. I was just watching people and wondering if we even know how to do this anymore. This is something we have tried to begin to teach to Mia, and will continue to be a big subject in our home. I think we have so much we dont even know how to truly be thankful for the things that we so take for granted. So I have been talking with Mia about those things each day. Clean water, we wake up and get to eat 3 meals a day with snacks, we have many changes of clothes, we have shoes, we get to brush our teeth, and the list is endless. I listen to Family Life Today, and Barbera Rainey has been speaking on gratitude. I want to challenge all of you to count your blessings each day and make it a habit rather than wishing for more or better.
Next on my list of things swirling...World Vision Gift Catalog. Check it out at www.worldvisiongifts.org and bless someone somewhere this year. We are doing the gift for women and child in Guatemala in honor of Mia.
Next...a friend of mine told me that she has overheard a lady explaining that at their home the kids only get 3 gifts each, since that is what Jesus recieved. I thought that was such a cool idea and have adopted it for our family.
Next...If you live in Indiana or wherever you may beable to go see the Trans Siberian Orchestra. I am totally pumped about this. The talent is just amazing and the light show is awesome! I cant wait!!!
Okay now that I have that all out-I hope each of you is blessed today and that Jesus is your reason for being-A

No comments:

Post a Comment